dimanche 4 octobre 2015

Proper way to set up bookstore

Good morning everybody. I set up a bookstore site with Wordpress and Woocommerce plugin. Products (books) pages are working properly and everything seems fine, except for one thing: books' authors.

I create an article page for every author and displaying it in the product page using a custom field, which redirects back to the article. This method is fine for very simple book with just one author, but I need to achieve the following:

1) Create a page (article? user? post?) for every person who created the book and assign him/her a role (author, illustrator, translator, etc.).

2) Displaying it in the product page. So the layout will be: Title authors: First person, second person, etc. introduction by: another person illustrations by: yet another person

3) clicking on the name will redirect to the profile, showing all related product and roles. So:

First person name

profile

books written:

book 1

book 2

book 3

I am struggling even how to do so from a conceptual perspective. Have I to assign a single article per person? or converting them to wordpress user? or some custom field trick? Please let me know if I need to be more specific.

Thanks a lot in advance!



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire